The Immediate Load Dental Implant Procedure
1. Consultation and Treatment Planning
Your journey begins with a thorough consultation at Dulwich Dental Office. Our world-class dental implant surgeons will assess your oral health, discuss your specific goals, and determine your candidacy for Immediate Load Dental Implants.
2. Implant Placement
On the day of your procedure, you’ll arrive at Dulwich Dental Office prepared for the implant placement phase. This phase is expertly executed by our experienced oral surgeons and dental specialists, ensuring your safety and comfort throughout the process:
- Anesthesia and Sedation: Before implant placement, you’ll receive local anesthesia to numb the surgical area, ensuring you experience minimal discomfort during the procedure. If desired, we also offer sedation options, such as intravenous (IV) sedation or oral sedation, to keep you relaxed and anxiety-free.
- Implant Placement: With your comfort ensured, the oral surgeon will precisely place the dental implants into your jawbone. The number and location of implants will depend on your individual case and treatment plan. Strategic placement ensures the implants provide optimal support and stability for your future restoration.
- Implant Material: Dental implants are typically made of biocompatible materials, such as titanium. This material has a long-standing track record of safety and effectiveness in implant dentistry.
3. Temporary Restoration
One of the remarkable aspects of Immediate Load Dental Implants is that they provide immediate functionality. Right after the implant placement, you’ll receive a custom-made temporary prosthesis, which is securely attached to the newly placed implants. This temporary restoration offers several key advantages:
- Immediate Aesthetics: The temporary prosthesis is designed to look and function like natural teeth, allowing you to leave our clinic with a fully restored smile on the same day as the surgery.
- Functional Benefits: The temporary restoration enables you to eat, speak, and smile confidently right away. This immediate functionality is one of the most appreciated aspects of Immediate Load Dental Implants.
- Protection and Healing: While your implants integrate with the jawbone during the healing period, the temporary prosthesis provides protection to the surgical site and maintains oral function.
4. Healing and Osseointegration
After implant placement, a crucial phase known as osseointegration begins. During this process, the dental implants naturally fuse with your jawbone. Osseointegration is vital for the long-term stability and success of your dental implants, ensuring they become a permanent part of your oral structure.
- Duration: The osseointegration process typically takes several months, during which the implants gradually bond with the surrounding bone. Your dental team at Dulwich Dental Office will provide you with guidance on how to promote successful osseointegration through proper care and hygiene.
5. Final Restoration
Once osseointegration is complete, you’ll return to Dulwich Dental Office to receive your final, permanent restoration. This marks the culmination of your smile transformation journey:
- Custom-Crafted Prosthesis: Your final restoration is meticulously crafted to match the aesthetics and functionality of natural teeth. It is customized to fit your mouth comfortably and blend seamlessly with your existing teeth, ensuring a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
- Attachments: The final prosthesis is securely attached to the dental implants, providing exceptional stability and longevity. You’ll leave our clinic with a fully restored, confident smile that can last a lifetime with proper care.